Saturday 6 December 2014

A drive!

We went for a drive the other day, well, most days it seems we are going for a drive, eating lunch out.  You see we bought a 2005 new 4 wheel drive, it's good to take it for a drive and to find out how all things work.  It's right up my alley with all it's technology.  I can even sit in one of the seats and watch a DVD if I want.  Yes, I did do that, this feature will be handy when we take some of the grandchildren for a drive.
We sold my husbands (our) white 4 wheel drive on Facebook, sold in 24 hours, so that left us with one car for several weeks until the new one arrived.

The photo was taken with my phone at the Dealers Friday week back.


So we set off for Relbia, (not far from home) passed the vineyard, and a good one at that - Josef Chromy's - we went up hills and down, over bridges into the city, and my husband did blockies!  At his age, really, but I did enjoy :)


Alpacas


The green hills which of course become brown in summer.


Dr. Harry Cooper a TV Vet lived near here, but not anymore.


An abandoned little chapel past Relbia.           

22 comments:

  1. The new car looks amazing. I like it very much. Your landscapes are wonderful I hope one day I will see it personally..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are both having fun in your new 4 x 4 and enjoying blockies, but what are they???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are indeed having fun Rosemary.
      A 'blockie' is driving around a square block of the city. Teenagers do it as in young adults, it seems to be part of our culture :)

      Delete
  3. All good. Blockies.......I think I remember. Either the church has sunk or the porch has. Sad to say, but not worth saving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of fun blockies Andrew :) I think the church has had it....won't be long and it will have fallen down, unless some one picks it up.

      Delete
  4. Hi M Blockies?? I cannot believe after all the years I have known you I still have so much to learn:) Oh that is a very nice 4x4 I love my old Jeep you can travel safe in that.
    Oh your photos are wonderful makes me want to hop a plane:) HUG xoG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes G, always something to learn. Blockies - going around the 'blocks' in the city driving, lots of fun.
      Thanks :) Hugs M xox

      Delete
  5. Hello! Congrats on the pretty new vehicle. These scenes from your drive are lovely. I would love to see inside the chapel. Wishing you a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I don't think inside the chapel would be very inviting seeing it's not used anymore, probably fall straight to the fool unfortunately. It's on top on a hill, and slope either side of it, but has a good view of the hills.

      Delete
  6. Love the little chapel. So many stories there of weddings, baptisms, and burials, I'm sure. Nice vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little jealous today's children can watch movies in the back of the car. I remember long road trips and the only thing you could do to pass time was stare at the highway. I also could never read in the car, made me motion sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Adam, fun these days of a different kind in vehicles.
      With motion sickness I believe you have to look straight ahead as you know doubt found out.
      I don't know how people can read in a car either.

      Delete
  8. Lovely new car, and thanks for taking us along for the scenic ride. I must ask also -- what are blockies???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you are welcome.
      Blockies - driving around a square block in the city, around and around = a blockie...must be an Aussie thing.

      Delete
  9. Oh such lovely pictures, I like the car new cars are great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fun going on drives in the country and exploring what is over the hill. Lovely photos and nice car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun Diane, it's something we haven't been able to do in the past due to my situation :) and thanks.

      Delete
  11. Doesn't take me long to get to the country....it's only a few minutes away. We only have a small city, small population on our island.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop